Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The problem is like Bob Marley, Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix are people that are known in three differ

Anthony Mackie: PAIN & GAIN
MIAMI – Anthony Mackie is showing Hollywood that he can do it all, and do it extremely well. The 33-year old, New Orleans native has garnered critical acclaim for his extensive body of work that includes such diverse films like Million Dollar Baby, 8 Mile, Notorious –(he played Tupac Shakur)– old fashioned iron We are Marshall, Half Nelson Gangster Squad, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and the Oscar winning war drama, The Hurt Locker.
Pain & Gain, which also stars Dwayne The Rock Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, Tony Shalhoub and Ken Jeong, is based on a series of articles from the Miami New Times newspaper. The film tells the story of three dimwitted and broke bodybuilders who kidnap, extort and eventually murder some members of a prominent old fashioned iron Miami gym, but things go horribly wrong for them during the process.
A. ANTHONY MACKIE– I never heard the story. I knew nothing about it. I had actually met director Michael old fashioned iron Bay at an Oscars Party in Los Angeles. It was my first time meeting him and he mentioned that he admired all my work. I thanked old fashioned iron him and then we just stood at the bar and shot the breeze. We talked for a few hours about everything but the film. So two years later I get this script. old fashioned iron I read it and I was blown away by it. It was something that Michael (Bay) had been developing for more than 10 years. I loved it because I felt like Adrian old fashioned iron Doorbal was a three dimensional, grounded sort of guy. He s really the grounding force of the bunch. He didn t really want to commit these crimes, but the more he talks with Daniel old fashioned iron Lugo (Wahlberg s character) the more he believes that he does deserve a piece of this American dream. And this was his way to get it. That s what s so convoluted about it, because all of us deserve our piece of the American dream, but you know we live in a generation now where it used to be work as hard as you can to get what you want. Now it s work as little as you can to get what you want. It s a really interesting society that we live in now. At the same time I feel my character Doorbal kind of epitomizes that.
A. AM–I old fashioned iron wish. (Lots of laughter). I actually met Dwayne at the same Oscars party with Michael. old fashioned iron And I have this thing that if I meet a guy who is taller than six feet, I actually want to fight them. I don t know why, I don t know what it is. If you re 5 11 we re fine, but if you re six feet or taller, it s on.
A. AM (Laughter). I m 5 11. I m not short. It s some hidden old fashioned iron aggression, I guess. (He laughs). I don t know what happened. But it s only for dudes that are 6 feet and over. Anyway, I met Dwayne and I saw how big he was and I felt I really had to work out. I wasn t about to fight HIM. So literally the next day I started my training regimen. I went to the gym twice a day, once in the morning and in the evening. I started a pretty strict diet too. I would eat six squares a day, every three hours, heavy protein. I ate a lot of chicken and a lot of turkey breast, two protein shakes smoothies a day, with a non-synthetic whey protein.
A. AM I lived in New Orleans so I ate as well as I could. (Laughter). old fashioned iron But I ve always eaten a lot of seafood. I very rarely eat pork or red meat even though I love it. I still get my pork and red meat on. But mainly even now I eat a lot of lean protein, mostly chicken and turkey.
A. AM–I would definitely say it s The Hurt Locker. I think a lot of this started too with Half Nelson. When I did Half Nelson, a lot of people in the business took notice of me. When I did The Hurt Locker a lot of people outside of the business took notice of me. So I ve been trying to slowly build on that and make sure that head of steam continues to grow.
A. AM–Thank you. That means a lot to me. Notorious was a very difficult movie and a very difficult part. And it was a part that I didn t want at first. I m very interested in directing, so I called George (Tillman Jr.) and asked if I could be his assistant on the movie and he was like, hey I want you to be in the movie. And I was like no, no, no. I want to get your coffee and I want to watch you direct. He said no, I want you to play Tupac. The family wants you to play Tupac and I want you to play Tupac. And we went back and forth on it. I finally agreed to it.
The problem is like Bob Marley, Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix are people that are known in three different realities. They are known in a reality of who they actually are, they are known in the reality of who the press tells them they are and they are known in the reality of what their music communicates. So there is no way you can get those characters right with everybody. So since we live in a generation of I know I can do this better than you even though I have never done it; everybody has an opinion of who Tupac was. So as long as I got the approval and acceptance

No comments:

Post a Comment